View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 09:33 PM   #14
ApS

Arrow Three Neighboring Keys: Marathon, Big Pine, and Key West...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Our best man and his wife live on Summerland Key, which is 5 miles from Big Pine Island....long drive from Sarasota. My unsolicited suggestion to the person trying to sell quickly because of financial difficulties....hire a competent realtor to represent you! Otherwise, the property is unlikely to be shown to qualified buyers, and the whole ordeal could be a nightmare. With a decent marketing plan and today’s technology, it’s very likely that the property could sell sight unseen. It sounds like a poor plan to save a commission when the realtor could very well get an excellent outcome, including more $$$$$. JMO.
Thank you for your "unsolicited suggestion". I'll relay your "take on the matter" to the seller.

Summerland Key, six miles away, has a private runway—lined with private houses. You can land your Cessna in between this row of houses, and taxi into your big and wide garage! (The Keys requires houses on stilts because of occasional heavy flooding due to "hurricane surge").

There are $59 commercial flights to nearby Key West from Kentucky. Private jets can land at nearby Marathon airport. Rental cars can be arranged at Marathon and Key West. Shopping at either location discloses duplicate offices and shops.

Marathon Key has some congested areas of mobile homes on small lots. Big Pine Key is very open, with no congestion. (Just 12 minutes to one of the world's best beaches—cited nearly every year).

This picture shows the huge porch (far left), which I estimate could maintain three table tennis courts. Above it is an open, but private, sun deck—with railings. Below this pictured porch is parking for two cars or boats—with additional space underneath for more cars and boats, or for your favorite hobby.
Attached Images

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote