Thread: Water driveways
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #53
C_Duff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
It is getting so that we can't raft anywhere or anchor anywhere. Public docks are crowded as it is. I just can't understand why we can't anchor a few hundred feet offshore and enjoy the lake? And I mean a few hundred feet where I am not in front of someone's property. I was not in front of the lady's property and I was several hundred feet out. I had to move!
To me the problem is not that people are anchoring off someone's land or dock, it seems that some people are not taking into consideration the soreline and other traffic situations.

I'll give an example. We have a house in the norther part of Winter Harbor, usually the traffic is light even on weekends, but sometimes we'll have someone, or someones decide to anchor right off our dock leaving us no room to maneuver getting in or out of our dock. If they were just a little bit down the shore line (either direction) or just a little bit further away from the shore, it would not be any problems.

So I guess what I am saying it is a 2-way street. Land owners need to relax and understand they don't own the lake in front of their property, and boaters need to keep other people's considerations in mind when they pick their rafting locations.
C_Duff is offline   Reply With Quote