View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 11:19 AM   #51
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I think you are being purposely obtuse. Being homeless is a crime -- most communities have laws preventing people from trespassing and sleeping on public or private property. Either move along or get arrested. As a society we are tolerating abnormal and illegal behavior. Enforce the laws. Arrest the drug addicts, imprison them. Try to get them help, but the onus is on them to either get in line or live a life of misery. Once we agree that we are not going to tolerate this type of behavior things will get better. As Joey stated, NYC is a great example.

I know one thing, if I make a misstep I will be punished to the full extent of the law. The sad truth is that our police don't want to deal with this BS, and it's easier to turn a blind eye. I'm not blaming the police, but it's easier to deal with a law-abiding citizen than someone who is not complying to societal norms. I can give you countless examples.
"Move along or get arrested" that's not a solution to the problem. The homeless have no where to go so that's just pushing the problem to another community. You may help the problem in Laconia but another community will be the recipient of that problem. But I understand, "out of sight out of mind" problem fixed, NOT!
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote