View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 01:37 PM   #13
eillac@dow

Default You will do fine

Fig, you will do fine! I grew up on Dow.

We keep our boat at Harilla Landing . Going from the marina to the island is easy. You do go through the six pack but that is not an issue at all. I am always the amazed at how people are so concerned about the six pack as for me it’s no big deal at all you go straight through.

I am guessing you are renting one of my neighbors house which is on the west side of the island facing the Long Island bridge.

We typically never head up to Moultonborough Bay because it is quite rocky treacherous . I really don’t think there’s much up there. But then again I haven’t gone up there in a while.

One word of caution is do not take your boat between Dow and Pleasant there are no markings but it’s not safe passage .

My recommendations for tubing would be right out in front of the island. Mid week tubing should not be too bad with boat traffic .

Try taking a nice little ride through the hole in the wall which is a little passageway between Bear Island in Cow Island. Take a ride to Center, Harbor even Meredith . I would say Wolfeboro but like you said you have a 19 foot Bayliner if it’s a really rough it could get tough.

Center Harbor, if you were able to put yourself in a dock space you can walk over and get an ice cream at red Hill Dairy or run over to Senters market or the liquor store.

You can get gas at Trexler‘s Marina which is right underneath the Long Island Bridge Street across from the island . Further along from there is Braun Bay but honestly I don’t know if you really need Braun Bay if you’re staying on an island.

There’s plenty to do in Meredith, restaurants, the town docks, little shops. you’ll have fun there . But just watch the wave action . That would definitely be a weekday trip not weekend .

When we venture out I am typically the map reader and my husband is the boat driver . Study the map before you go anywhere in even use a Dry Erase marker to map out your course If the map is eliminated you should be able to erase it after the fact.

It can get windy on some days on the west side of Dow .. if it does my recommendation to you is keep you bow out while docked.

I hope you enjoy your stay. Have fun 😀
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote