View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 08:28 AM   #3
Dad sold the C * C

A couple of thoughts: first, ( it's hard to type with the dogs nose between your hand and touch pad).

Let's try again, the PFD's designed for kayak use have a higher cut on them so most of the bulky flotation is above the coaming. Yes they are bulky and cumbersome, that's why most people just have it tucked under the bungees.

I always wear mine early and late season when the water is cold, or when going out far. Normally, we just hug the shore line.

Last August my wife did buy 2 inflatable vest. I thought they would be good for the colder water or for someone not as comfortable in water such as my wife. Honestly, I never got them put together last fall. I was waffling over "automatic" or "Manual". In-decision is not a good thing when it comes to boats, so the plan is to buy more cartridges and set to automatic.

One important thing to check is can you get out of the kayak with it inflated. This is not an issue on a sit-on-top, but may be on a tight fitting Sea kayak. The inflatable PFD's hang way below your chest.
Dad sold the C * C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dad sold the C * C For This Useful Post: