View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 06:42 AM   #69
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunt View Post
Thanks to all who have posted positive replies. I started this thread to educate the Captain of “ Life is Good” on the damaging effects of wakes not as a vendetta to the owner.

Proving who owns the wake is impossible, without a video camera. In this case, Captain of “Life is Good” pulled up his anchor and proceeded to the north west point of Mark and Timber. It was the only boat that was moving and producing a wake. We had three boats in our raft with a total of thirteen people that witnessed and participated in the carnival ride. “Joey2665” How many witnesses / victims does it take to break the threshold of hearsay?

On Saturday, 7/31, we were once again blessed by the Captain of “Life is Good”. We were on the other side of Timber, by the rope swing, when the Captain of “Life is Good” untied from his raft, slowly pulled away until he got in front of our raft. We (12 of us) were all on the bows of our boats yelling and screaming for him to slow down. We could not believe it was the same boat again, as he powered up towards Eagle Is. Fortunately our bows were head on into the wakes, not the side of our boats.

Once again I would like to thank everyone for their positive posts. I do not believe that limiting the size of boats, horsepower or speed limits has anything to do with what happened. The solution is education. Thanks.

As I said in my respose, "where the coberating witnesses" and now it seems there are which is great, but the bottom line it take it up with MP I still beleive this is not the forum to release personal and business information.

If Life is Good is at fault I am not protecting him in any way, I certain would not want to be rafting as he went by but again it should be taken up with the proper authorities especially since you have other witnesses.