View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 03:53 AM   #49
ApS

Thumbs up One GOOD Apple Appears in Winter Harbor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalRealtor
"...I also agree with DMax. It is common courtesy to slow before before entering an anchorage (area with anchored boats) especially one with rafted boats..."
1) Yesterday, with one mile yet to go to a popular rafting location, a large cruiser slowed to about headway speed upon entering Winter Harbor. I'd like to thank the Captain on behalf of all Winter Harbor residents and rafters.

Unfortunately, I couldn't read the second part of the boat's name. The first part was "Happy..."

2) In the space of a few seconds off a Tuftonboro red marker, a "BayR" boat sped within 40' of me...then a Jet-Ski squeezed between me and the marker—with just 20' to spare! He waved—but how could I (in good conscience) return the wave?

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Let's not group everyone rich or poor in any one category. For heaven sake this is one boat that did a stupid thing and caused a big wake and accidental damage to someone else's boat. It's not like we have the "crips" and "bloods" having turf / water wars on Winni!

Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
Yeah the minute something like this happens, I will be putting my place up for sale faster than I could read the news headline
C'mon, get over it! (Somebody said)