Thread: Bonus ideas
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 10:49 PM   #15
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
We are so grateful for the excellent job our construction crew managed to accomplish earlier this year, and we are looking for ideas for showing appreciation without going overboard or being a cheapskate. When you get older, sometimes it’s hard to be in the now, as opposed to the’70s, and it would be good to do this just right. Suggestions would be appreciated. There are four of them. Thanks.
Sue
Sue...I think you've already got a few good ideas here but if you really want to take it to the next level, I have two suggestions on top of whatever reward you decide on:

1. Include heartfelt handwritten letters that sincerely tell them what their efforts meant to you. Gifts are great but long after the booze is gone, they will remember and talk about that letter (and it might help them get some additional business too).

2. Sounds like these guys/gals recognized your predicament and did everything in their power to give you a great experience and reduce your stress. I suggest that you send their spouse/family/significant other a note as well, possibly with a small gift certificate, recognizing them for their understanding and patience when so much focus and time undoubtedly took the workers away from their families. Those workers will never forget you.

Whatever you decide on, I think it's awesome that you are thinking this way.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote