View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #22
Argie's Wife

Default Again you miss the point... but when all else fails, a personal attack may do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Right now I'd say 60% sure we're going to different lake. Haven't committed yet as it would not make sense to have a 22.5 ft boat on smaller lake so then have to change boats.....

Garbage? You must be the typical "townie" lemming like AW. Lots of hot air but says ______. Never completes anything (like college), thinks they have more "common sense" than other people (anyone heard that before from a recent infamous VP candidate?), thinks being on a tiny town board makes them enlightened and on and on. Every time I see her post I can't help but laugh as it's common in small towns to have people like her that can't think beyond what they already know or what others have done. No originality and yes, trapped in their small little world. If she worked in my group I'd fire her immediately as she would bring everyeone down and hold everyone back. That's not a joke.

And then, when someone points out there are better alteratives they can't debate facts try and play the "you aren't from here, why do you care". Um, because it's honest, unbiased opinion. Go ahead, ignore your customers and tourist base. The Weirs is redneck heaven.....

The Weirs sucks. Maybe you and AW can go to adult ed and get your GEDs to learn about the Civil War. I'm still laughing out loud that AW would post that something in the Weirs is of true Civil War significance. Must be a Yankee version of the Battle of Laconia I missed reading about, my bad Just because something is old does not make it historical.

I did not write the articles with the numbers being given. Perhaps you should take issue with the writers. If businesses want to continue with a crappy model and Laconia residents want to have LBW distrupt the entire area for a lousy $57k in profit to the City it's no skin off my back.

Open your eyes folks, you can make it a year round resort type area. I have tons of ideas I would do with it but will take the area businesses to sign up to a better master plan. That's what I would do if I were them. You can bet AW would not be part of the decision (uh oh, thought required)process.

Clean up the beach area, on the hill adjacent to the docks have outcrop areas for people to sit and watch boats, get rid of the concrete jungle with more landscaping, get better shopping choices, make a new (but can be older "looking" store facades, and on and on.
I am surprised Funspot does not make an outdoor ice skating rink, etc.

So many ideas but instead people are trapped in their own paradigms.

Carry on.
Your post lives up to exactly what my assumptions were that I'd made about you already; you post judgment with no knowledge.

I'd enlighten you about the Civil War and the Weirs connection or about my involvement in this community (not this forum but the real community, outside this forum & thread here), or even my education and background, because you, sir, are far off the mark. But the reality is that I don't have time for all that... If you're so concerned about this area, perhaps it is you who should take some time to get some education about that which you speak - or type, in this case. Your post reeks of ignorance and you have yet to answer my question: Why do you care? It's an honest, unbiased question but asked in the light of your previous posts about how Laconia is all "white trash". I think I have a right to ask it; sorry if you don't like the question. I really don't like your attitude and find your comments vile and offensive.

If this area and this board are so far beneath you, I invite you to go elsewhere. It's a free county. No one is asking you to post here.

Last edited by Argie's Wife; 08-08-2011 at 12:20 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post: