View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 AM   #157
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
I certainly can't argue with you that your findings differ radically from mine. My neighbors, friends in town(many non lake front owners), and casual acquaintances pretty much are unamimous in their support for the SL. Sounds like you picked your venues carefully, and I admit I did not do my research in bars, arcades, car shows,or marinas cashing in on the GFBL's.

Gotta go now...I'm headed to Foxwood's where I'm taking an unofficial poll as to whether gambling should be made illegal.
I'm sorry but where do you get off? You have no clue what type of establishments I frequent. Nice try at painting a picture of me slumming around the seedy side of town combing for answers from big scary GFBL owners hanging out in bars. What a joke. I conducted my informal polling at several reputable establishments in the area. I am first and foremost a family man with three very young children. In the interest of not rambling on and on I chose not to post the actual names of the establishments but now I will. Lets see how seedy these places are...

Hmmmmm
The Woodshed (oh the horror)
Funspot (Definitely a GFBL crowd there)
Castle in the Clouds Classic Car Show (ooohhh lots of performance boaters there)
Canoe Lounge (a.k.a bar and the crowd is a bit unruly, wear your leathers)
Shep Browns (I'm trying to think if they even SELL speed boats anymore?)
Channel Gas Docks (yeah the attendants make tons of $$$ off selling boats )
Northeast side of Cow Island (lots of outlaws on the island)
The list goes on and it is quite extensive...

Sounds like you need to get out of your bubble Sunset and actually speak to strangers not your 3 or 4 friends and neighbors who support the law. I am not lying when I tell you I spoke with several I mean SEVERAL area workers, business owners, residents this summer at those and many many many more places and I just couldn't find all these supporters YOU claim exist. I swear it's like trying to find and Obama supporter.

Nice try at deflection though sunset, I'll give you props for that.