View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #32
Poor Richard

Do a search for LiPo care and find that all the reading makes it sound incredibly tedious to charge, discharge, and prep for long term storage.

I've figured the average of all the information out there is as simple as this:

Don't leave them fully charged

Don't leave them fully discharged

For long term storage, bring the cell voltages to 3.85v per cell (the charger should be of the cell balancing type anyway), place in a LiPo storage bag and move it to a cool, dry location.

Yes, there are certain precautions that need to be considered as LiPo can become very unstable if the cells are damaged or over charged/ discharged. Stay within those limits and it's plenty stable otherwise. I use LiPo in my RC truck now and won't look back.....and I was, at one point, a diehard nitro guy.

That all said, for my type of saw work application, an electric is not desireable at this time however the battery technology and chemistry is becoming more tempting to adopt and more difficult to ignore.

Last note...the voltage I stated in my previous post was wrong. The shut off circuit kicks in at 3v per cell, NOT 5v as I originally stated. Post has been edited.
Poor Richard is offline   Reply With Quote