View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 11:38 AM   #17
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
On the way home from an outing today, we stopped at the V.K. and ordered prime rib takeout. It was ready in a flash and everything was perfect! We had a delicious, peaceful dinner on our porch, with almost no effort on my part. I recommend takeout under certain circumstances. Just a suggestion: it’s good to show your appreciation by leaving a tip...how much is up to you.
I tip over and above 20% most of the time. When you frequent establishments that “serve” you, no matter if you eat in or take out, the kids (usually) behind the counters and waiting tables will remember you. Although it’s their duty to serve the public tip or no tip, it’s hot, sometimes hectic work. They do appreciate it when you do.
My wife “lost” her favorite blue jean jacket about a month ago and pretty much forgot about finding it. We went out for breakfast yesterday and when we walked in the waitress that is there rushed over to my wife with her jacket. I believe in treating service workers well and I also believe it pays back in many ways!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post: