View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 09:40 AM   #11
tummyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shore things View Post
Simply put, DES does not have the authority to regulate the type of watercraft allowed on public waters nor the way in which they are operated. I would suggest contacting your elected officials to share your experiences and possibly any ideas you might have for an equitable solution.
Thank you for your very prompt response as well as all your help on the forum. I will try my local officials, but feel it is useless. Since DES is a state agency, it would be helpful if DES could engage the Marine Patrol...AKA State Police...to find solutions. My suggestion would be to set zones on the lake, at area where there are very wide water expanses, for these boats to operate and get them out of smaller coves where waves are destroying the shore land. I think that DES has a role...a big role... here if their goal is to fully protect the shore front lands from erosion. As a state agency, I know that state agencies talk to each other. The silt and land is being washed into the lake unabated. And yes, some trees are loosing their footings from erosion. DES certainly has a role here and it can be significant. Just my opinion.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote