Thread: Bob House
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #20
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Why would you assume you were lied to based on nothing but a guess then choose to bad mouth a place of business on a public forum? It's hard enough to keep a quality restaurant open with the lack of help and short season with unprovoked complaints.

Maybe the group cancelled. Maybe they came in a couple big SUVs. Maybe the hostess recognized your phone number and did not want to server Mr Crankypants
Agreed--I'm not buying the lying thing either, and, frankly, it's silly to think that. The only reasons someone would turn away a reservation would be if they were legitimately booked or didn't have the staff to provide a positive experience. If the latter, I would be thankful they cared enough to make the decision. (In my head, another recent restaurant thread addressed this "bad service vs. turning people away" topic)

At last night's dinner, there were a fair amount of tables open but clearly not enough servers to cover any more--my guess is that they reserve most of their help for Fridays and Saturdays and just have to accept less business on slow(er) nights.
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote