View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #7
fatlazyless

Ok....so today the price for Tues-Wed-Thurs is back up to $69 which pretty much means it becomes a deserted ski area with only the season ticket holders, and a few afternoon-high school students from the Holderness School and WV Academy doing ski racer training.

What a difference one day and a price increase from seven up to 69 dollars will make in terms of skier turn out. Looking at channel 58, the WV ski lift & infield channel w/ radio station The River for sound, it looks like I could count 15-25 empty chairs, four seater quad chairs, in a row, if I wanted to take the time. Plus, the conditions are a little better today than yesterday what with another night of grooming and a light dusting of natural snow.

Where's the price logic to charging $69/day for Tues-Wed-Thurs when almost nobody shows up to ski? As you already know Monday and Friday go for 34.50 because they are two-fer days and THE PRICE IS RIGHT! But for Tues-Wed-Thurs.........THE $69 PRICE IS TOO HIGH!

People are simply voting with their feet....and not showing up....to pay $69....which is very easy to understand.....like no kidding.....gee whiz......and duh!

Ok....so I have been told that WV had 3100 skiers yesterday show up, and that number in my casual observer opinion is a bigger number than any one day in the recent Christmas vacation when the Christmas rates were the usual every day rate of $69. Yesterday, Monday, at $7.00 it was 3100 skiers and today, Tuesday, at $69 it was about 150-skiers tops. Most likely there were very few 69-dollar skiers and they were season pass holders or local employees who get the use of a ski pass.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-05-2011 at 04:24 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote