View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 08:03 PM   #38
pjard

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
Don't hire a FP because you have no idea what your doing. Most mutual fund index funds beat most fund managers. It is important you educate yourself so you can communicate with the FP on a certain level that ensures your best interests. I subscriber to Bob Brinker's Marketimer and listen to his radio show on Sundays. Have followed his advice for years , as have many, many of my friends.
I should have been a bit more specific in my original question. I am pretty financially savvy. Most of my $$$ outside of the 401(k) is with Fidelity. They are GREAT. However as the "wealth" accumulates I would simply like a second set of eyes to look at things. I want opinions of Whole Life Insurance, particularly 10 year pay....my own retirement projections....anything in my portfolio that scares them...etc, etc. It's the advice and counseling piece I am after more than mutual fund recommendations. I agree with everyone on this board, you can get some pretty good information from the mutual fund companies. I am a bit curious about one thing though, why has nobody mentioned DAK Financial in Meredith?
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote