View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 08:01 PM   #7
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO View Post
I love the north part of the lake. We rented in Alton this year as the place we stayed in and loved last year couldn't handle the additional family coming with us this year. I am a little bummed since we won't have the long scenic boat rides to get everywhere this year. I put over 30 hours on the boat in 7 days last summer just running all over the lake during our vacation! I love that the graveyard keeps most people out of the north side of the lake haha!
I think you have it backwards, far fewer challenges boating on the south side of the lake and you can easily cover more miles of water per day. On an average boating day we will leave Paugas Bay, hit Meredith, then down to Wolfeboro, on to Alton Bay and maybe pit stop at the West Alton sandbar on the return trip to Lakeport.

When the traffic is modest and the wind speed low, you can cover tons of miles in a day on the south side of the lake.

Now if you want to build your piloting skills, then you definitely want to boat on the north side of the lake. It will test your map and marker reading skills.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote