Thread: NH Taxes
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 03:56 PM   #16
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Where are you from Billy Bob? I'm from Laconia. If you are from another state, which I suspect, I find it rich that you can come here and inform us that our value system is not correct. So I'm supposed to move to Alaska because the state that I love is a much different place than it was when I was younger? Okay, that makes sense.

I have never said that I am not interested in funding education, infrastructure and helping people who TRULY need help. NH natives have traditionally been wary of big government. Democrats finally took over the house in 2006, and what's the first thing they focused on, universal kindergarten. We were just fine without mandating it for the history of the state. Now it isn't good enough. Look at our school systems, one administrator (or more) for every teacher. Look at our investment in Section 8 housing. Look at our investment in rehab facilities. Government is too big. Honestly, I don't want to pay for it.

I haven't even touched on the social issues. States like Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and New Jersey can keep their progressive values. Our value system was just fine prior to the onslaught of out-of-staters.
Ya, here in progressive Ma we are just doing terrible. We pay our taxes and probably 50% of NH's too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote