View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #28
Poor Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jst_4_kiks View Post
Poor Richard,

This thread makes me very happy to read. I applaud you on your adventure on sticking through all the repairs of this boat since you've owned it. Certainly not easy or cheap for the average person but I can tell right away you're above average to get it done and not giving up. Like others have said to look at certain things, I'm recommending the same. Inspect the transom assembly of the boat hull for any soft spots. Now is the time to do anything needed before installing the new parts. Aside from the usual way to handle the repairs, if you need any help with this project don't hesitate to ask. There's many useful people with many years of knowledge and experience to side you with this. I am one of those people myself. If for any reason any question you may think you have, just ask. Looking forward to seeing this progress over the next few weeks or however long it may take to hopefully see this boat on the lake this season.
Thank you for the encouragement and offer of advice.

This project will be a relatively slow one in the sense that there is a lot of work to do for things to be proper. I was informed of something called "Bravoitis" and my BravoIII has been stricken with it. There are some other items that need attention as well...steering linkage, paint and quite possibly a gimbal bearing.

On the engine, it's looking like a starter and some exhaust manifold work is in order as well as replacing the busted pulley for the Bravo water pump. And while there weren't any error codes to speak of, it seems the TPS is not reporting correctly in that it never sees 100% open. So, there's a little work to be had on the engine as well.

The one detail I have yet to account for at this point in time is when the current "Bralpha" set up is removed. It comes down to a storage issue once that's all been gutted, more so with the engine.

Ideally I'd want to sell the combo of the Alpha transom assy/ Bravo engine as a package. Perhaps I will find a buyer in advance...
Poor Richard is offline   Reply With Quote