View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 04:57 PM   #24
Little Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
This is a good thread.... I like it... a man and his boat.

Now on the topic of a survey... I don't disagree they can be useful. But I also believe that there is a time and place for them... if you spending 30 or 40 K on a used boat, yes get a survey....

If your spending less then 10K, you need to weigh the pros and cons.....

I didn't get a survey on my last boat... yep, maybe they would have caught the blistering issue maybe not, it didn't become real apparent until the third year I owned the boat..... In the end I likely would have bought the boat in the end, because I liked it that much...

In the end if I had the boat surveys at 40$ per foot = 1K extra to the cost of the boat.... and the epoxy coat below the waterline I would have still had installed.... So in the end, I saved myself 1K....

If you get into boating worried about the cost of repairs and maintaining the boat, you are not a boater... If you get into it thinking about the fun you can have, and the fact that you are never going to see a profit in owning a boat just like a car, your one the right track....

Does anyone get a survey for a car when they buy it?
I just had a pre-buy Inspection done on a vehicle I purchased from Texas, sight unseen. This company went in, did a comprehensive inspection and generated a very detailed report on the vehicle. They found a few minor issues, and I ended up purchasing the vehicle.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/service...car-inspection
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote