View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 11:21 AM   #14
jrc

That's what wrong with the current laws. It makes some areas and some peoples waterfront special at the expense of the rest. We need a rule that makes it more likely that boaters will gather away from people's houses. Today's rules have the opposite effect.

Now unless people really believe that they can limit the total number of boats on the lake. We should work to find a reasonable compromise. As more and more of the lake becomes NRZ, I'm going to anchor in other places. Eventually it will be in front of someone's house.

I'm not giving up my boat, I'm not going to anchor in the middle of the Broads, so let me anchor where I don't bother someone.

Put in or reinforce lakewide restrictions for noise, drunkeness, water intakes, mooring, swimlines, overcrowding and real safety issues. Do away with arbitrary spacing rules for special people who game the system. Does it really matter if 50 boats are in Braun Bay as 25 rafts of 2 or five rafts of ten?

As to toilets, that picture is from the late 80's and at least half of the boats had porta-potties. My parents took that picture after leaving the raft and know most of those people. Today, most boats sold for day use on the lake have some type of head. Ask any Winnipesaukee marina if he wants to sell a bow rider without a head.

But surprise people pee in the lake, BI I guarantee that some of your friends and family swimming from your shorefront have peed in the lake.