View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #216
hazelnut

Let me further add that this entire tangent of the argument was and is my fault. I stuck my nose in and I shouldn't have. Many forum members prior to elchase have, in the heat of the argument, called people's intellect into question regarding a slip of the keyboard with regard to both grammar and spelling.

It was a tactic I saw a couple of forum members using time and time again. When I read and react to a post I usually base my response on the content of the post. Some people, whether they had no real rebuttal or not, chose to resort to trying to paint the responders as stupid because they misspelled or misused a word.

This tactic wore thin with me and I finally snapped when I saw what I perceived as another attempt by a forum member discrediting a post from someone else based on a spelling mistake.

It wasn’t even my post! So I stuck my nose in and have regretted it since I hit the post button.

I apologize to all that have been subjected to reading the thread. I also want to apologize to YosemiteSam. I generally do enjoy your posts. While I disagree with your stance on the SL I think you are a good sport and I enjoy trading barbs with you. I think people misunderstand your humor sometimes and take it personally or take it as an attack. So I’m sorry I was rude to you in my follow up post after you so aptly caught my major mistake as I was pointing out a mistake in the other post.

I’m taking DTM’s advice and stepping back and taking a breath here. I really think that there are great people on both sides of the issue. SOTD, while we have traded jabs I think you do a good job making your case for the most part. I really think that one person on this forum who makes so much noise has driven a spike between both sides of the argument. Whether or not that was his mission he has succeeded. I really think honest to goodness debate on the matter could take place between many of us. If you go back and research the forums you’ll see that one member has made it his mission to ensure that this does not happen. I was told that was the case by many and I never believed it until now, shame on me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post: