View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #24
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
I see your point but I disagree somewhat on the basis that this is not a boating website. Although we are in the Boating forum as you pointed out many people are effected by speed limits and anyone on the website are welcome to participate in this poll. I didn't say "boating members only".

So again I think this poll is more relevant because it is people who love the lake and have choosen to come onto winni.com to talk more about the place they know and love.
EXCELLENT POINT OCD!!!!!! This could not be more relevant. Winnipesaukee.com is not nor has ever been a "boating forum." Where is this written? Anyone who comes to this website can clearly see all posts from every subthread and is welcome to vote. Where does it say that this poll is exclusive to boater? Why should people in North Conway or Nashua or Concord or Merrimack or Hooksett or wherever have say on what goes on at a lake they never visit?????? IMO people who visit www.winnipesaukee.com represent the views and opinions that I support with regard to how the lake should be governed. If this poll were overwhelmingly in favor of a SL I would pack up shop and never comment again and accept the law as is. However SL supporters will continuously denounce this forum as a misrepresentation of the "REAL" opinions of the users of the lake. What a complete JOKE! Please this is a plea to all members of this forum VOTE, VOTE, VOTE. I along with all those who support positions other than the current law welcome any and all viewpoints. Yes we debate them, sometimes strongly. I must have missed the page that Don put up that states "BOATERS ONLY" "SPEED LIMIT SUPPORTERS NEED NOT APPLY." What a crock.