View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #138
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
That's simple. Captain Boneheads that move to another lake because they don't like the speed limit don't bother summer camps. Captain Boneheads that don't come to Winni because of the speed limits don't bother summer camps.

You can't deny that there is a cowboy atmosphere out there at times. If you are a camp director thinking about sending out canoes, row boats, sailboats and kayaks with children in them then that atmosphere is a serious consideration and worry.

A speed limit will not make Winni into Golden Pond, but it is a viable step to getting the lake under better control. We all know there are performance boaters that have left the lake and claim they will not return while there is a speed limit. Hopefully some of them are the Captains we speak of.
Something I would hope for as well. Unfortunately, Hope doesn't feed the bulldog. I would assume mostly a-holes would leave and go elsewhere, which is what many hoped for in the first place I'm sure. Heck, I'd support them leaving as well.

With all of the problems endured by the summer camps, one would think that the MP would have had a field day, PRE-SL Law. But apparently they either didn't patrol the trouble zones much, or their actions had no impact?

Funny how we've come back full circle to some of the original sources of the discussion

Forgetting about the SL law, compromise, and all that BS for a minute. Let me try something different.