View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #130
hazelnut

Default In the end...

... Bear Islander I do and will always have a difficult time drawing a correlation between the SL Law and addressing safety on the lake. Based on what most of us here observe going over 45MPH has nothing to do with all the incidents on the lake jeopardizing our lives. When thinking about supporting the law did you just throw your hands up in exasperation one day and say "well it's a start!" I am curious as to how you reached the conclusion that it would actually address the Cap. Boneheads on the lake. This isn't to say that there isn't one or two idiots that have done 50+ and caused and incident or made someone "scared." My position is and will always be why create a law that only addresses the minority? I just don't understand it? The majority problems need to be addressed. Why waste time and money on something that has little or no impact on the real problems plaguing the lake. This (for you elChase) is why I actually care about this "fight." I am sick and tired of the diversion of funds and attention towards a law that I predict won't work towards fixing the problem. Not because I support people doing 100MPH across the broads, Ludicrous in my opinion, sorry. But to target the guy who wants to do 55-65 maybe even 75 across the broads, eh who cares. As long as he does it safely I don't care. How many boats can actually do 75+ anyway? The law is a waste of resources plain and simple.
The Following User Says Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post: