View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 08:01 PM   #30
LakeDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
It’s an average for the state. So maybe you live in a town nobody wants to have kids in, lucky you. Let me guess Moultonborough? It’s the number of kids that makes it vary so wildly. You stated it as if it applied to the whole state. It does not. Many towns around the lakes are quite expensive. Some towns are up to $35 on $1000.

On average, MA is cheaper on property tax.

Now it’s electricity too. You’re living in la la land. Northeast has some the highest electric rates in the country. NH is cheaper than MA but your comparing to a state that is very high. MA also has better net metering rates which makes Solar a bit more attractive.

I paid significantly more in electric in both Illinois and in FL (in smaller homes). Granted, in Florida, you need AC 24/7 10 months per year.

My house is 5900 SQ ft and my FL house was only 1900.
My Illinois home was 3500, had triple pane glass and was heated with fuel. Still paid more for power.

No la la land. Fact land. I (albeit surprisingly) pay less here. My FL and Illinois power bills were high 300s, sometimes approaching 400. I’ve never been over 230 here, and thats with a central unit covering 2 floors as well as 2 splits on the bottom floor . They all ran all summer long.

Some of you might not realize how good we have it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LakeDad is offline   Reply With Quote