View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 04:39 PM   #34
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Maybe you missed the post I replied to? Hospitals--high risk places-- often require that people wear a hospital-supplied mask because they know that people like you (and I) are not qualified to identify good masks.

There are no experts who accept unrated all cotton masks such as the ones you posted. People should buy N95, KN95, or KF94 masks; and make sure they fit snugly
Well I dont work in a medical environment and/or around sick people, so I dont feel the need for N95 level protection, its overkill as far as I am concerned.

Most of the time when "I" wear a mask its because I am required to, and they either supply specific masks (like at the doctors office/hospital), or I wear the cotton mask, as I am far more concerned about inhaling off-gassing chemicals - polyester fibers or whatever else might come off a synthetic chinese mask, than I am of COVID.

Sorry, as a COVID survivor I do not live in terror of infection. I will tell you it is absolutely not something you want, but I also will tell you do not live in fear of it. I act as is its an extended flu season. Wash my hands often, avoid tightly packed crowds indoors indoors, and avoid anyone coughing. Otherwise my routine is mostly unchanged from pre-COVID.

If you feel better taking extra precautions, so be it. You need to act to protect yourself as you believe is necessary.

We all have different things we worry about. I worry much more about driving tiny cars than COVID, so my daily driver is a 7000 LB truck that only averages 14 - 15 MPG. I worry more about the side effects of my medications than the ailments they are treating. I worry more about paying my bills and making sure my kids are well supported financially than my job killing me (which it probably is from stress,,,) I worry more about sharing information I believe people should know than some people responding like jackasses to me for having a different opinion.

We can agree to disagree and I am not bothered up to the point where people get personal or hostile, then I probably respond badly.

Do I have flaws and make mistakes, YUP, maybe even more than the average guy. But I believe what I say and I say it because I think it needs to be said, not to intentionally attack someone. Well at least it doesnt start that way. Like others, I too often respond in kind when I should ignore some people.

But thats ok, as I fully expect to burn in hell. I am working on memorizing Bbq Gargoyle recipes and I already know I want the 3 prong pitchfork. I expect to see a lot of people there and plan on jabbing a few in the backside. And should I be lucky enough to land in purgatory I will make the best of that as well, I got a few folks I want to haunt the hell out of ;-)

Sorry, got side-tracked practicing for Halloween.

ATB