View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 10:47 AM   #11
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniwannabe View Post
Why would it be any different for some visitors to abandon their phones? They drive anything with a motor and don't care. New rules need to be put in place for the lakes... not restricting rights, but just common sense regulations that need to be enforced. just my opinion.
Agreed!

If you need to check you phone or want to take a picture, then stop the boat or have someone else take the helm. Its not rocket science,,,

Now what all that said, I have also see other people (not the boat operator) doing really dangerous things and they need to be held just as responsible for their actions. Best intentions I have seen complete strangers attempting to help boaters dock and in doing so place themselves at great risk of harm, I personally do not believe the boat operator should be held responsible for someone sticking their foot/leg out to stop a boat at the dock and then suffering an injury. I have seen boat operators saying no and attempting to stop the docking procedure, but in some cases it may be too late,,, I have also seen people swimming and paddle-boarding around active docks and thats just stupid and an accident waiting to happen. Its also frightening seeing people attempting to retrieve items dropped between boats and docks,,,

Common sense must be practiced by all who use boat dock areas.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote