View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 12:05 PM   #30
Descant

Thanked 1,515 Times in 984 Posts

I reread several posts and I still cannot see where we slipped from financial planning to hockey. Two minutes for delay of game and two minutes for too many players on the ice.

Back to game time: Several mentions about "If you are in good health". I believe if you are not in good health, i.e. you are collecting disability (SSDI), the SS administration will automatically switch you to social security at 65 (could be 66 now?), so I don't think you have a choice of delaying SS to age 70. Right or wrong?

For younger members, I'd think about two issues. Plan your debt so it is minimal after age 65. Doing a cash out refinance and extending your primary mortgage into retirement years is usually not a good plan. If you are investing in something that will generate cash flow (rental property) or something that can easily (emphasis on easily) be sold to retire the debt you might be OK. Not a vacation or a bigger boat.

Remember in the 90.s: Q. What's the difference between a Lakes Region Condo and Gonorrhea? A. You can get rid of the Gonorrhea.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote