View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 10:55 AM   #16
XCR-700

Very busy yesterday, though probably not nearly as much as Saturday and Sunday.

And while I lose little sleep about an exacting measurement of 150' separation depending on the water conditions and direction of travel, I did observe lots of people pushing the limits of reasonable safety even in no wake zones or at the docks in Weirs and Wolfeboro. People are always in such a rush and so aggressive its still surprising to me.

I'm particularly annoyed by how pushy some people are at the docks, the lack of waiting etiquette has gotten so much worse. Mostly old guys like me or even older, and they/we should be the ones leading by example for others.

Not sure why they are is such a rush, as long as people are behaving reasonably and waiting our turn, I dont care how long it takes to get a dock space.

With our new boat I dont like maneuvering between other boats to get to a front space, so I will frequently wave someone else on. But I do get quite annoyed when someone will just buzz up while 5 other boaters are waiting and the see an opportunity and cut everyone else off. Then yell back oh no we were here first, total BS and with a straight face. Very annoying,,,

On a positive note, saw lots of really good looking boats yesterday and great colors including lots of purple. Many were a few years older but with really great graphics that seem to be missing from the industry these days. Its as if the transition to bowriders and larger boats has eliminated the 20' - 35" sport boat class and their fun and pizzazz in favor of classy and sometimes boring color schemes. I think a good sport boat with fun graphics and bold colors is always fun to see, just much as fun as a true classic.

And by the way, in the endless stream boats passing through the Weirs channel and while trying to avoid getting hit or hitting someone, we saw a cool smaller boat named "Uncle Buddy" fun to see these size boats on the lake, but I would not have wanted to be crossing the lake in it yesterday. Either way and shout out to Uncle Buddy for a fun looking rig!
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote