View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 01:52 PM   #23
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
Quite a mixed bag of complaints. Some, I agree, are lousy attitude by Canoe like the original problem posted. Others, like a Family area for kids and asking if people are willing to eat fast, I find reasonable. If I dropped in and they told me I had 50 minutes, I could easily enjoy a meal in that time, as long as they served me promptly. I would appreciate being offered the choice rather than just being turned away. As to kids, all parents think their kids are little darlings but many are not and even the best kid can have a bad day. When I am paying for an expensive meal, it is really annoying to have a whining, screaming, bouncing kid near me. Canoe tries to create spaces where kids can be kids and adults can enjoy their meals without irritation. I think that is a decent approach.

I clearly see room for improvement. Perhaps reservations for the family area would be helpful. Certainly respecting clearly stated mobility restrictions is needed.

We enjoy the food so we continue to go several times a year. As noted, the parking lot is full so many others obviously do as well and either work around or tolerate issues.
I'm not sure if this is the case at canoe but in some restaurants there are sections that New Hampshire state law prohibits children under the age of 21 from sitting in.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote