View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 09:55 AM   #25
BrownstoneNorth

Default Doesn't bode well

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBGX2 View Post
My wife and I went to Sandy Point tonight and wanted to have a glass of wine and an appetizer. We arrived at the door at 5:15 and walked into the reception area where 6 staff were standing. We said hello and took a left toward the bar..... the hostess stopped us and let us know that they didn't open until 5:30.

We turned around and left..... had two (each) great glasses of Pinot Grigio and a wonderful appetizer of Calamari at Shibley's....

Our pleasure to be at Shibley's and Sandy Point's $50.00 (with tip) loss.....
Sandy Point has yet to announce its opening, let alone hours or menu, on its Facebook website -- other than a reply to a comment in the sidebar a while back, all that's there are photos of a baked stuffed lobster taken from some other restaurant and this negative review posted last night, which I'm copying in case SP remembers its Facebook and deletes it.

"We went tonight to see if SP could redeem itself after many years of mediocrity. Nope!!

"We started off okay. The clam chowder was good and the rolls were fair. Then we waited....and waited....and waited! (We are a family of four. There are two adults and two kids under 11 in our family.) Hubby and I were dying to try the "Wally Stuffed" lobster again. We were VERY patient because it was a "soft opening." We were, at first, sad that the people near us were being so rude to the waitress and manager about the food. We kept a good attitude and hoped for great food! After 2 full hours, we got our baked stuffed lobsters. Omg! We were disappointed! The "stuffing" was minimal and TERRIBLE! The inside of the lobster was gross. It was green and not at all appetizing. I ate a bite or two and was disgusted. Hubby and I asked to speak to a manager and she hurriedly said she'd get the chef to speak to us about the food. Really?? It was like she wanted the chef to give us an excuse for the yuckiness of the food! He came out and spoke to us. There was a point where he said "I sh$& you not, I've been cooking lobster this way for 15 years." What???? In front of my kids?? Not really acceptable...

"Any way...the wait staff and some of the other crew were very nice and understanding, and the bill was cut down by a lot, but...Sandy Point better get its act together or else! Not impressed at all!"

Last edited by BrownstoneNorth; 06-29-2017 at 09:56 AM. Reason: added quotation marks for review
BrownstoneNorth is offline   Reply With Quote