Thread: Sailing
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #58
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts
Default Fantastic sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
Partly sunny, so I got out in a mild wind at 9AM, and saw 17 sailboats! (Not as many powerboats).

Went out again at Noon, and counted 34 sailboats! The sailing was great, but a heavy, "long-fetch" nature of the waves gradually appeared, so I headed for home.

Shortly afterwards, the wind freshened a whole lot more, with some very strong and shifty gusts: That had me wondering if I should wait out the weather at a lee shore until things improved.

Taking advantage of a lull, and noticing that the clouds were taking on an even more threatening look, I took a chance and zoomed the last ½-mile to the dock. (My BIL was there to slow my docking speed—fortunately).

But surely, of those 34 boats—including my sailboat—someone can advise of what sailing events were going on Sunday.
APS, I participated in the NH Police Fund ride yesterday out of Laconia HD around the lake. As we came out of Alton the sailboats looked fantastic (it looked like more than 34). Glad you had a good day out there (weather not withstanding).
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote