View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 05:22 PM   #55
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
They are both idiots. Look Dan while I get the whole "I have a right" thing, but let's have some sensibility here. A canoe it designed for protected still waters NOT to be used in a large open area of this lake. OK yes at times it can be done safely but those times are far and few between IMHO. Also just because you "can" doesn't mean "you should". However I would tend to give the boat driver some slack (albeit not much) because these people that insist on going out in kayaks and canoes and now to stupid stand up paddle boards... in the middle of the lake in areas where there is a fair amount of traffic and where it can be be VERY DIFFICULT to see them aren't free and clear of responsibility here either. I've come up on kayaks out in the middle of the broads and it scared the hell out of me as I did not see them until I was fairly close and no I'm not driving my boat like hell either.
All I can say is I hope that your callous attitude does not result in any harm to others. This lake belongs to all of us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post: