View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 07:27 AM   #36
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Sort of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
This all proves what I said (and got argued with) in a previous thread that they can and will stop you for making a wake, even if it is a little wake. Many MPs believe a wake is a wake and if it is a no wake zone you should not be making a wake. I happen to agree with them. Most people make a wake through the no wake zones. It depends on the officer how much wake they will allow.
In general I agree with your post but you have to remember that you are not alone out there. I have been in the Weirs Channel many times and been behind boats that were going so slow that it was difficult to maintain a heading. This is especially a problem when the current is strong. A boat sitting still in a strong current will still leave a wake.

The boats following you may have a larger profile and be more affected by wind and current. While you think you are doing a great, safe job operating your boat you may be causing problems for others.

So, look behind you and see if you are going so slow that you are causing problems for boats behind you. Not all boats handle the same at low speeds and we all need to be aware of how other boats around us are affected by what we are doing.