Thread: Face Masks
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 07:54 AM   #52
Newbiesaukee

Default oveoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I guess I'm not all that confused. MA and NH, and the countries that have reopened successfully, have the same things in common. Virus infection = distance + saturation + time - remediation.

As a result, my family is living mostly normal. We're going to restaurants, dining outside at some, inside at others; grocery and other stores; entertainment venues (Southwick's Zoo and Mel's Funway last week); group events (Cub Scouts, father-daughter activities); birthday parties, etc.

We stay socially distant, wearing masks when inside; wash our hands frequently; don't touch our faces (whenever we can help it); and minimize our time in enclosed/highly saturated places. It's not brain science.

The trick, really, will be dealing with high-saturation/respiration/time places like schools and bars and, to keep this on topic lest the Top-Water Topic Police show up, how to pay for and manage wearing masks and other remediations.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Agree with you... but as with much in life, some of NH, MA low levels are due to luck and continuing low levels require at least most of the population taking some measures of continued vigilance. Hubris usually fails.

The overall issues are not that complicated. On any issue of importance, I usually eliminate the opinions of the outliers on either end. Most of the time the consensus of experts, regardless of issue....from plumbers to epidemiologists is the best path.

AND....the consensus may change overtime as more accurate information becomes available. Who would have guessed 10 years ago the preponderance of pontoons as new boat purchases? Or the popularity of SUVs.

It’s not rocket science but it is medical/epidemiological science.

Of course, the outliers are sometimes correct...but this is rarely the case. When practicing, I always recommended second opinions and sometimes third on difficult issues.

This disaster we are dealing with is, IMO, purposeful or not, caused by the lack of clear, accurate communication.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."

Last edited by Newbiesaukee; 07-20-2020 at 01:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post: