Thread: Face Masks
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 03:32 PM   #45
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post

Starting to feel like I am in between 2 markers on the lake, and wondering if I should be on the outside of either of them, and not happy about or satisfied about anything the people on the boat are telling me.
Yes--it's a bummer. But we as a society are like a rookie captain on the lake with a couple of inexperienced buddies, as you so aptly put it--we have not done this before. Accepting that, we have a basic choice. Option 1--we can listen to our pesky egghead friend (let's call him Tony) who has read extensively on seamanship, aced the boater ed course, and has memorized Bizer. Option 2--we can listen to our supremely confident friend (let's call him Don) who has none of Tony's background, really wants to get back to the party on the other side of The Broads ASAP, and isn't worried about the ominous weather report delivered by some other eggheads.

I share your discomfort and frustration with Tony, Don, and the rest of the world. But there's no question--I'm taking Tony's advice to get me home safely.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post: