View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 04:15 AM   #17
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHskier View Post
When the feed mechanism on our pellet insert died we did look at new pellet stoves and considered a Harmon. But after finding that a complete propane setup including tank and plumbing wasn't going to be any more expensive we decided to go that route.

We used to run the pellet insert more continuously to supplement our oil heating system while the propane insert is used more for enjoying a fire. It kicks out plenty of heat but we don't run it overnight or anything like that. I don't miss lugging a ton or two of 50lb bags around, nor do I miss frequently cleaning out the stove. And there's nothing like just pushing a button to turn the propane fireplace on/off, so we tend use it even for just an hour or two. Very glad we went the propane route.
As best I've seen, propane is the most expensive heating fuel and fireplaces like that are not the most efficient, so I think the distinction between decoration and utility is important?

As a wood stove user, you make the pushbutton operation sound very attractive otherwise!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote