View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 12:20 PM   #31
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkrai View Post
What part of my post is not understood. Written in basic English.

I pretty much don't understand your basic english question. The manual says lifetime. If you are asking me what it means to me, then I will tell you. Since my plan is to sell this car at 100,000 miles I suppose that would be considered lifetime for me. Should I change my mind at 100,000 miles and decide to keep it, then lifetime would be as long as I keep it. Now if I have a problem with it, the transmission, then I suppose, depending on the problem, one of the first things I would do is change the fluid and I suppose if that fixed the problem, I would feel comfortable that I had reached its lifetime. If something else is broken, then I would have to decide if it were worth fixing at that point. If it isn't worth fixing then I suppose it would have reached it's lifetime as far as I was concerned. Now in reality if that happened, I would probably trade it in, so even though it's life is over as far as I am concerned, it would probably be valuable to someone else, who would fix it and it's lifetime would be extended.

So anyway, now that I've cleared that up. I have no problem trusting the owners manual and running this suv as long as I own it without changing the transmission fluid, we'll see what happens. I'm pretty sure this car, a jeep grand cherokee with a hemi and 8 speed transmission, doesn't even have a dipstick for the transmission. I've read that it is very sensitive to having the correct fluid in it so I'd rather not mess with it.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITD For This Useful Post: