View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 08:12 PM   #19
ApS

Thumbs up Hooked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Just picked up a 60V Greenworks for $135. We'll see how it goes. My only real concern is longevity. My Echo blower is over a decade old, Stihl chainsaw about the same. I'm not confident I'll get that time out of a battery...
Amazon sent me to Greenworks when I needed a cordless pole saw. At the time, there were only the 40W and the 40W MAX battery models—which are not interchangeable.

Pleased with its ease of use and apparent quality, I bought a pair of 12-inch chainsaws, a pair of leaf blowers, and a pair of lawn trimmers. Total so far: seven tools and a pair-each of batteries and chargers. (It helps to shop the sales at Black Friday and Presidents' Day). The manner of chain-tensioning is nearly instantaneous—ingenious!

The leaf-blowers aren't very powerful, but probably in line with others in the same power range. The lawn trimmers are tricky to manually reload the trim-string, but Greenworks makes "string-modules" that snap in—available at extra cost.

Seeing at least one major project ahead, I also bought a Greenworks "Cart". (They don't call it a "powered wheelbarrow"). It's a little "fiddly" to use, but I guess they didn't want a new customer to be towed into the street! It could use a limited-slip differential, but carries good-sized loads for about ¾-hour of actual battery use (when new).

A Greenworks lawn mower takes two 40V MAX batteries, but with no real lawns, I'll pass on that one.