View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 08:45 PM   #27
trackeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
I don't think the problem with the lake is that it is "over used", I think the problem (with this lake in particular), is that everyone that uses it thinks that they own it, and wants it all to themselves. Seems like everybody is just looking to complain about what someone else is doing instead of just minding their own business and enjoying the lake doing whatever it is they like to do. If you like peace and quiet, I'm pretty sure that if you invest on Lake Umbagog, you will have plenty of time to retire up there before it turns into what Winnepesaukee is today!! Both bodies of water have their pros and cons... Just curious, what other "bodies of water" are you referring to that have been "degraded"?
All bodies of water that are used for recreation or the sort have degradation, fouled water, mill-foil, fuel spills, trash, the oceans have floating islands of human waste, so I'd say we humans tend to degrade anything we touch.

Lake Umbagog, lolololol guess why not, 30-40 years ago Winnepesaukee wasn't the playground it is today, nice idea but not sure I see Umbagog doing a Lake Winnepesauke in the very near future, if at all.

But, the lakes area in and around Rangley Me., now that is still a young version of the Lakes Region in NH.

Retirement is calling, beautiful area, much like our Lakes Region without the hoopla.
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote