View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 08:50 PM   #18
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I'm open to an electric vehicle, but the access to, and logistics of, just keep me from looking. What could replace my 4Runner in terms of utility/comfort/reliability is unclear as are the costs and how I'd need to retrofit my garage and camp for power. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, is how it would fit into my life. I drive 20k+/year, often going back and forth to the lake and taking road trips, so where and how to charge is a real concern.

All of this is thrown out the window by simply pulling up to one of the thousands of gas stations.

That being said, a hybrid could potentially solve these, too, but with the increased complexity of two systems.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Yes--you would need to add a charger or two. Any electrician can go this, indoors or out, cost is about $2K.

One thing that is not well known is that Tesla has a huge Supercharger Network--these chargers add >300 miles of range to your car per hour. Obviously, this is slower than gas, but you need to stop for gas weekly, and you'll only to charge on the road a few times a year. I use them when I drive to NY. Check out the map--they are plentiful along any highway trip.

https://www.tesla.com/findus?bounds=...tion%20charger
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote