View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 02:16 PM   #56
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
If you put together everything that happened in this country in 2020, you would have to go back more than 50 years to find anything this traumatic in this country. In fact, I don't think the U.S. has ever had a more "apocalyptic" year than 2020 since its inception. There were 5 or 6 major crises happening simultaneously. It definitely felt apocalyptic to me personally and, I think, to people who took the time to understand what was happening, who got Covid-19 and feared dying, who lost loved ones to the virus, who lived in major hot spots like New York and heard ambulances 24 hours a day while bodies piled up in storage trucks, who witnessed the race riots, who listened to false accusations of a "stolen election" and watched our democracy melting down, who lost a job or a home, whose home burned to the ground during the wildfires, and who realized that we could do nothing about the climate crisis during that period of national paralysis and shock. Many people felt that there was no protection for them anywhere, not from the government, not from the police, not from the military in a time of government-sanctioned violence, abuse of power, and misinformation (formerly called "lies"). It was a feeling of horror and helplessness that I will never forget to my dying day. Apocalyptic, certainly.

Wow this is overly dramatic and exaggerated .

Please don’t believe those stories about New York. I’m from there and have many friends that work in several hospitals. There was never bodies stacked up and overcrowding in limited circumstances. They have sent up the USS Hospitality and the Javits Center to handle overflow and not one patient was transferred to either facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post: