View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #249
elchase

Can someone tell me how to post a screen shot of that post on OffshoreOnly from a while back where a longtime member and avid high-speeder had an epiphany and gave over 60 links to other OSO threads about then-recent high-speed accidents and eulogized about all of the members who had been killed?
The post used to be at http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...awakening.html, but it and all of the linked reports were deleted soon after it was posted and the poster was soundly reprimanded by his buddies for "admitting the dangers of high-speed boating to our enemies" and "giving ammunition to the gray hairs". I have a jpg but don't know how to post it.
The message says;
"In light of the few tragic accidents in the past few days and weeks, I started thinking back to how many unfortunate incidents I've been saddened by in my 4 years on OSO. I started digging through old threads and I was amazed how many hispahs have happened in a few short years to many of our family and friends. I found more than I could have imagined...It's far too heartbreaking reading all these stories, it would be prudent of all of us to take every possible precaution, so that we don't have to read any more accident reports. Let this be a reminder of how fragile we all are, and how quickly the one thing we all love and enjoy can come back and harm us in no more than a heartbeat."
He then goes on with a huge list of links to threads about high-speed boating accidents that other OSO members had had, MOST of them involving fatalities.
Of course, the only relevance this all has to the benefits of keeping the speed limit on Lake Winnipesaukee is that all those othe accidents "happened on water."

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: