View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 06:56 AM   #81
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
Figured I bring this around again. I may have a workable solution. I mentioned my problem to a friend that’s a techy guy and he had had the same poor cell service with Verizon. He told about a Gadget he bought, a Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 that fixed his issue. I hesitated at first but said what the heck. Order directly from Verizon for $269 and got in three days. I hooked it up last Friday morning and man what an improvement. Can call from anywhere in the house now and walk around while talking. Haven’t dropped a call yet and fading in and out. Hoping it continues but we’ll worth the money so far. Plugs right into the router.
As near as I can tell this extender uses your internet connection and generates a local cell format signal that your cell phone can use. So it is a form of VOIP.

Our Verizon phones have a "WiFi calling" feature that accomplishes the same thing at zero extra cost. The only downside is that you have to setup the feature with your physical address to meet 911 requirements and if you use WiFi calling at another location you have to do that setup again. The WiFi calling does work well at our house where cell service is marginal.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote