View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 06:42 AM   #16
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
We simply hire someone to move it back in the water each May. Water is too high and cold for us to handle that ourselves. Wish there was a way to move it from the deck, down the dock and drop it in there but that would probably be a four person job if it could even be done with the 4x6 posts and six feet dock width. It's not so much heavy as it is very awkward to move.
I usually put mine back in by myself though it would be a lot easier with two people. Starting with it on it's side on the dock I keep sliding it towards the water until it passes the halfway point and it rotates into the water by itself. It usually lands close to where I want it.

Prior to pushing it over I tie a couple of lines to it. Using the lines, and a metal rake, I can push/pull it into position. The quicker I can maneuver it the better because there is still air trapped in the tubes so there is a little flotation before it fills up.

I should probably have help but it is part of my ongoing plan to refuse to acknowledge that I am getting old!
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote