View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 01:25 PM   #22
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
No offense here but I am so tired of hearing about the "poor" as a reason to do something that is fundamentally stupid such as allowing voting with zero proof of who you are and are eligible to vote. If everyone is SO concerned with the integrity of elections this is a sure way to minimize fraud.

Let's see the numbers showing a significant number of people with no photo ID. Bet it's minuscule.

Furthermore just as an example a non-driver's license photo ID from the state of NH costs a whopping 10 bucks. There is no way I would ever be convinced that somebody is so darn poor they can't afford a $10.00 ID.
11% nationwide (I think I win our bet). And never mind the 10 bucks--over 600K people in Texas do not even have the paperwork that would be required to get one.

It's really easy for comfortable people to forget how difficult life is on the bottom of the ladder. Stuff that we take for granted--driver's licenses, IDs, credit cards, bank accounts, etc are shockingly tough for millions in the US (Google hispanics without bank accounts)

But you did not answer my question--where are the cases of voter fraud?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...972_story.html