View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 08:49 AM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,940 Times in 1,916 Posts

I have been doing OK and am very happy with the quality and size of the salmon this year. While I haven't been fishing much in the area you mention, it certainly is an area where you should be catching something...

I too sometimes use an orange streamer fly (heron fly) with good success or more recently a Maynard's Marvel so not sure why your not having better luck. Your Mooselook wobbler is probably the most widely used lure on the lake for catching both salmon and lake trout so again not sure why your not hooking into them.

Try adding another color of lead and 5 more feet on your rigger. The lake has turned over and a little more depth has helped me the past couple weekends. Live bait (shiners) or sewn on smelt behind blades also has been working very well so you may want to give that a shot.

I did go out for a couple hours this morning but the cold, wind and rain as well as the funny look my dog gave me for making her go out in these conditions made me return to the warmth of the camp rather quickly! Yeah I know, dam fair weather fishermen!!

I hope your luck changes and you get into landing a few!!

Keep us posted!

Dan