View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 07:21 AM   #68
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
At exactly 10:20, on this eve of Labor Day Weekend, I was awakened by a loud, fast boat obviously exceeding the speed limit. A minute later, somehow unhappy with the existing "free expression of his ideas", he switched on his selective exhaust!

A few minutes of this, and he slowed to an idle, perhaps to "park" in the neighborhood of Camp Ossipee.

A minute later, he started gaining speed again when (unexpectedly to me in the darkness), the Marine Patrol stopped him with several widely-spaced electronic "beeps". The blue lights went on, and were still on at 11:19!

I called the MP's dispatcher, and she said she would "page the officer" regarding my "10-88" complaint of the selective exhaust.

There little else to report except that I could hear voices, a repeated cluncky mechanical sound like a boarding ladder might make, and that one of the flashers was missing part of its blue cover (making an occasional white light that flashed in synchrony with the blue lights).

***The officer "cleared" at 11:33PM. The sound upon departure was of twin outboards, so it was one of the MP's "RIBYs" that made the stop.

At 11:47, a deep rumble indicates that the offender is now departing, heading in the direction of Cow Island at about 25-MPH.

Let's see, now...where do I put this post?
The Choice was theirs, and I detest it when they use it that way at night. So, the MP happened to be there and made a stop. Good for them. The stop was for 14 minutes, including the swap of paperwork and all?

Perhaps the MP did the smart thing, and just let him know what he thought of using the SC like that at that hour, as well as to let him know Yes son, we are out here