View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 12:24 PM   #7
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemonster30 View Post
Thanks for the tip! I was out today with no luck again. I think I'm getting moved around too much out there to really jig effectively as by the time I hit the bottom I'm usually way out of position to start jigging. Once I get a feel for the wind I can position myself to drift across an area to where I am eventually over top of my line, but this method really does cut down on actual time fishing. I should have mentioned in my original post that I don't have a fishing kayak, so I don't have peddles to help stay in a certain areas. I'm going to probably get at least one trolling mount and see how that goes, it'll at least increase my time with lures in the water. Thanks again!
Yes, the wind is not your friend when trying to get a bait to the bottom, especially in the deep holes.
We tried taking some temperature readings from our 22’ tritoon boat, of where the thermocline might be using an ice fishing camera (heavy camera) and by the time the camera was down 30’ we were 50’ away and the cable was almost straight out to the side! Has to be dead calm to jig the deep holes!
Hillcountry is online now   Reply With Quote